Deadly Monopolies: The Shocking Corporate Takeover of Life Itself--And the Consequences for Your Health and Our Medical Future.Deadly MonopoLies
Friday, March 28, 2014
Juice of 6 fresh lemons
1 bulb Garlic
2 tsp. Ginger powder
2 Tbsp. Honey
3 cups Pineapple juice
¼ tsp Cayenne powder
Blend all ingredients thoroughly and store in a glass jar. Take 1/2 - 1 cup 4 times a day until the symptoms are resolved.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
10 reasons to stop drinking soda!
1. Dehydration. Because caffeine is a diuretic, it increases urine volume. So, when you drink a caffeinated soda to quench your thirst, it actually makes you thirstier.
2. High Calories. A can of regular soda contains more than 150 calories. Not only do these calories contribute to weight gain, but they are also devoid of any nutritional value.
3. Caffeine Addiction. According to a university study, "When some people don't get their usual dose of caffeine, they can suffer a range of withdrawal symptoms including headaches, fatigue, muscle pain, and inability to concentrate.”
4. Tooth Decay. The amount of acid in soda is enough to wear away at the enamel of your teeth. In tests done on the acidity levels of soda, certain ones were found to have pH levels as low as 2.5. To put that into perspective, consider that battery acid has a pH of 1 and pure water has a pH of 7.
5. Cost. A person who drinks just 2 cans of soda a day will pay hundreds of dollars over the course of a year. With more than one soda drinker in the house, that yearly total could quickly multiply!
6. Weight Gain. According to university researchers, "Artificial sweeteners can interfere with the body's natural ability to regulate calorie intake. This could mean that people who consume artificially sweetened items are more likely to overindulge."
7. Artificial Sweeteners. Studies continue to uncover the potential harmful effects of artificial sweeteners—and many of the effects are still unknown! Who wants to take that risk?
8. Mineral Depletion. Sodas contain phosphoric acid and caffeine, which drain calcium from the bones. And because caffeine increases urine volume, more minerals leave the body before having a chance to be properly absorbed.
9. Diabetes Risk. Some scientists believe that the unceasing demands a soda habit places on the pancreas may ultimately leave it unable to keep up with the body's need for insulin—eventually leading to diabetes. While no studies have definitively proved this, the daily consumption of soda does contribute to other problems, such as obesity—a leading cause of diabetes.
10. Potential Bone Loss. In the 1950's, children drank 3 cups of milk for every cup of a sweet drink. Today that statistic has flipped. Less amounts of milk in the average diet could account for lower bone density and higher occurrences of osteoporosis later in life.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Is black soap worth all the hype?
Is black soap causing magic?
On our skin, absolutely yes.
I repeat. Absolutely YES
Black soap is worth all the hype and attention.
African Black Soap is ranked high on the might cause magic list for no other reason than it really cleans your body..
While the recipe varies, ABS is handmade from the ashes of cocoa pods, Shea tree bark and plantain leaves, then mixed with various soothing and healing oils such as Shea butter, palm oil and coconut oil, creating its deliciously distinct aroma. And don’t let it’s appearance fool you — although dark brown and crumbly in texture, this African-born skincare miracle will become a staple in your daily cleansing routine.
It’s benefits are awesome and severely underrated - Here’s why ABS is so amazing:
It’s suitable for all skin types. Whether your skin is a dry oasis or an oil slick (or somewhere perfectly in between), black soap is for you. Regular use will help remove excess oils.
It’s a super cleanser. But wait — there’s more. The charcoal in ABS can help absorb body odors and bacteria, plus it is gentle enough for makeup removal.
African Black Soap is soothing and healing. This double whammy is perhaps the most notable. If you suffer with rashes or skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, the ashes in black soap helps reduce irritation and can even be used by people with sensitive skin. While ABS cannot remove acne, since that is caused by the release of excessive oils within the skin rather than dirt buildup, it can reduce the appearance of acne scars.
It’s a fountain of youth. Awaiting applause…. Yes, ABS may help you turn back the hands of time. This gentle exfoliate may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and skin discolorations that indicate the early signs of aging skin.
We encourage you to use black soap.
Are you trying African Black Soap for the first time? Already a fan? Let us know what miracles you’re finding.
A simple recipe to cure your weight loss blues
You may not think of eating honey for weight loss, but honey is a useful food to help you lose weight. Since it is a simple sugar, NOT a refined and processed sugar, it contains vitamins, minerals, nutrients and is good for you.
Honey helps boost and speed up the metabolism which helps the body burn fat.
Honey has a healthier glycemic index (GI) than sugar, therefore it doesn’t cause a sugar rush, but it is gradually and progressively absorbed into our body.
Cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar levels and increases the metabolism of glucose. Since high blood sugar levels can lead to increased storage of fat, cinnamon helps prevent this. Cinnamon improves insulin function. Thus, you lose weight.
Cinnamon and local raw honey cleans parasites, fungus and bacteria in the digestive tract. The honey will also help stabilize blood sugar levels, which results in less food cravings. You will also have a feeling of fullness and satisfaction.
1 tbsp of organic local honey
1 tsp of organic cinnamon
To make it simple: One part cinnamon and two parts honey is what is required for this recipe.
Put the cinnamon in a bowl
Boil 1 cup of water
Pour the hot water over the cinnamon
Steep for 15 minutes
Add honey to the cooled liquid
Always add honey to the cooled liquid – hot liquid will destroy the enzymes in the raw honey.
Note: Drink twice a day: 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup before going to bed. Take on an empty stomach.
You may experience more energy and better sex drive.
A honey and lemon diet can also help relieve you of your weight problem. Obesity is the physical condition of excessive deposits of fat in body tissues, putting a strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and joints such as the hips, knees and ankles. Thus, overweight people are susceptible to several diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, liver and gall bladder disorders.
Honey is an excellent natural home remedy for obesity and lowering of cholesterol levels. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions and purifying the blood as a result. Fasting on honey and lemon-juice, an alkaline food, is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite.
For this natural cure , mix one teaspoon of raw honey (unheated) with the juice of two teaspoons of lime or lemon juice in a glass of room temperature or lukewarm water (not boiling water!). Take this remedy as a wake-up drink once in the morning on a empty stomach.
Also commonly taken after a big and oily meal, this simple delicious tonic is an effective digestive and detox tonic. And of course, in every successful weight loss program, do bear in mind that principles such as forming healthy eating habits and diets, and keeping to a regular exercise regime over the long run are extremely important as well.
As always consult your health practitioner before starting a new diet.
I recommend Living Tree Community Foods as a reputable source for the cinnamon, lemon juice and raw honey.
Enjoy your new found energy and freedom. Adjust your weight to a healthier and more beautiful level.
I'm excited about your progress, so "Keep me posted as to your successful results!"
Peace and Love