|The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging|
Diseases in a World Out of Balance
- Scrub up - Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds - the time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice - or use an alcohol-based hand rub sanitizer.
- Wipe it down - Use a disinfecting bleach solution to wipe down and disinfect hard surfaces. Make sure to use clean cloths to avoid spreading MRSA from one surface to another. (3/4 cup of disinfecting bleach diluted in 1 gallon of water)
- Cover your cuts - Keep any nicks or wounds covered with a clean, dry bandage until healed.
- Keep to yourself - Do not share personal items, like towels or razors, that come into contact with bare skin.
- Use a barrier - Keep a towel or clothing between skin and shared equipment.
|MRSA-Killer Bug. What you need to know to protect yourself.|